Friday, January 14, 2011

When is the best time to take "formals"?????

Some photographers are adamant about taking the "formal" portraits before the ceremony. Some will argue that those photos are best taken after the ceremony. Truth be told, both have their advantages. Biggest advantage of having your portraits done pre-ceremony: you're not going to miss out on cocktail hour!!!! Disadvantage: you fear you might ruin your grand entrance by stepping out in your beautiful attire in front of (almost) everybody prior to walking down the aisle. It all depends on how you want your day to flow.

If you think you might be happiest getting the ceremony done with - then by all means, let's take the formals after you tied the knot. And trust me, I was a wee bit nervous myself right before our "I do's" - not because I doubted our decision but because a) I hate speaking in public, b) dislike being the center of attention and c) have issues walking in high heels ;-)

That being said, it's always fun to grab a quick sneak peek of the couple a couple of minutes before the ceremony as it was the case with Catherine and Chad pictured below. It was a very sweet and tender moment and they actually didn't get to "see" each other before getting married.

wedding photos Vermont

More than anything, I want my brides to be happy. Oftentimes, brides think there are rules to weddings (cannot see groom beforehand, must throw bouquet, cannot mingle with guests until formally introduced at the Grand Entrance), but I believe you should only follow one rule: Do What Makes You Happy.

Kat
Kingdom Wedding Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment