Monday, January 24, 2011

Wedding Tip of the Week - Shoes, Slipping, Style and Slamming Portraits

It seems like a no-brainer but take the time to make sure you get the right size wedding shoe and make sure you can actually walk in them - accident free! Trust me - I have a pair of high heels sitting in my closet - the first pair of shoes I bought after moving to Los Angeles; to me, they were so "Hollywood" at the time. Sadly, I only "wore" this pair once. On my way from the bedroom into the next wall.

Vermont Wedding Photographer

Once you've found the perfect pair of shoes, practice taking a walk in them. This is for both men and women. There are too many guys I have found who have only worn a real dress shoe at their high school graduation 10 years ago.

If the soles are still slippery on your wedding, here’s an easy fix: scuff the bottoms of your shoes before walking down the aisle. Fine sandpaper works great for this. Forgot to sand them as you’re about to head to the ceremony? Worry not, just spray the soles with hairspray.

Vermont Wedding Photographer Shoes

And lastly, always have two pairs of shoes (yes, tell your fiancĂ© that your photographer told you so!). Your fancy ones for the wedding and pictures and some comfortable ones to change into for the party. It doesn’t always have to be white, either. Feel free to bring a pair of shoes that “pop” for the wedding portraits – a pair of cowboy boots, your favorite pair of funky shoes, Wellingtons – whatever your style may be. They make for great photos.

Kat
Kingdom Wedding Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment