Sunday, February 27, 2011

Meet your wedding photographer ... sort of

So I had this grand big idea for a "get to know your wedding photographer" post. This lead me to a wild goose chase to hunt down a presentable picture of myself ... which made me realize two things:

1) My personal filing system leaves to be desired. My clients' files are labeled by name of the couple, date and event with nifty sub-folders such as "getting ready", "ceremony", "reception" etc. Makes everything super easy to find. Our own files and photos, however, are labeled "misc. 2004 photos" or bear the ever helpful "random stuff" label. ;-(

2) I don't have a single decent picture of myself. What I see is a stranger either puckering, frowning or giving very animated instructions on how to frame and expose the photo properly.

me again

Damian (who will probably not cook for me for at least a week after reading this post) prefers to take pictures of me when I'm either in the garden in my raggediest clothes or asleep on the couch with the dogs. Or eating.

My mother likes to prop us up on random statues or alternatively turns us into mini-dots in a gigantanormous landscape (I'm the dot on the right).

me random

As you can tell, I'm having much more fun on the other side of the camera but I had a fantastic weekend digging through all my boxes full of photos and CDs going "oh", "ah" and "remember how tiny she was as a puppy?".

Kat
Kingdom Wedding Photography

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to read this. I've been planning to go through my family's boxes and photos forever and a day now. I promise myself to do it every winter. What do you use for albums or do you scan your old photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like both - digital and print. I'm trying to digitize all our old photos and back them up in multiple locations (two back-up drives and DVD). Our favorite ones, I plan on printing and creating albums (both very much like your winter project). For professional use, I really, really prefer coffee table books but with the amount of photos we have, it's somewhat cost prohibitive so I'm sticking with regular old sleeve albums. However, the albums are handmade out of loki paper - looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete